752. Because Jaime and Cersei remind me of my own parents - and while my parents have what could be considered the bad qualities of these characters they also have the good, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. (And no, they are NOT brother and sister.)
Submitted by i-r-wok
751. Because Cersei wanted so much more for Myrcella, that it brought her to tears when she was shipped off to a stranger.
Submitted by queenoftheblackmarsh
Guys, it’s Tywin Week. I don’t want this messed up, okay? I know the story of Lord Reyne of Castamere.
Nope, she wasn’t. In the books, Tywin made her choose between Willas! Tyrell, Loras’ oldest brother and heir to Highgarden, and Balon Greyjoy (it doesn’t say “I want you as far as possible” at all, dude). Eventually he chose Willas, but the Tyrells rejected the marriage. However, Joanna Lannister wanted to marry her children to the Martells, but Tywin refused, because he wanted Jaime to marry Lysa Tully and Cersei to marry Rhaegar Targaryen. But, as far as I can remember, it says in ASOS at one point that Cersei flirted with Oberyn, and she even considered him as a match (correct me if I’m wrong), and who could judge her, cause that man is HAWTNESS AND AWESOMENESS embodied. But Oberyn, obviously, refused her (though he and Ellaria would have not refused to have her in their bed).
EDIT: It was Balon, because she said she had to choose between the cripple and the old squid :)). Ich bin ein Nerd.
The first week of June , meaning 2nd-9th of June will be Tywin Lannister Week, as voted by our followers. You can submit not only reasons concerning Tywin, but fanfiction, fanart, gifs, graphics, fanmixes and videos as well. Everyone who does will be promoted by this blog. Here are the rules:
1. Everyone who submits a reason regarding Tywin Lannister during 23th May-1st of June will be promoted by this blog (2780 followers and counting) during 2nd-9th of June.
2. Everyone who submits an ORIGINAL piece of fanart/ graphic/ gif/ video/fanmix regarding Tywin during 23rd May-9th June will be promoted by this blog (2780 followers and counting) during 2nd-9th of June.
3 Everyone who submits an ORIGINAL piece of fanfiction rated K-T with Tywin as its main character during 23rd May-9th June will be promoted by this blog (2780 followers and counting) during 29th of April- 5th of May.For fanfiction you need to attach the following: title, author, link if it’s posted on ffn or ao3 or any other site (including your blog), rating, characters.
4. The submitted reason needs to be new. I will not promote you if the reason or a very similar reason has been posted on this blog before. Please please google whywelovethelannisters and your submission together or check my Tywin Lannister tag if you are not sure if it has been submitted before.
5.If you submit a piece of fanart/graphic/fanfic and I post it, only to receive a complaint that you stole it from someone else, not only will you lose the promotion, but I will make sure everyone who sees this blog will find out that you are a thief.
6. If you don’t have a Tumblr, but you have an account on deviantart, AO3 or any other site, I will still send people to a link you will add to your submission.
7. You don’t have to be a follower of this blog, only a Lannister fan.
8. Obviously, if you want a promotion, you need to come off anonymous.
9. You can submit an older piece of fanfiction/ fanart/video/graphic/gif etc as long as it is your own.
10. You are free to submit any other reasons that are not related to Tywin Lannister and they will still be added to the queue for the special week as long as you submit until the 1st of June.
Since I don`t want to fill up the pages of the blog with answers, not that I mind questions, I`ll try to answer in this manner from now on, when I have more:)
Spoilers from ASOS and AFFC
Haha don`t mind the second one, I`m lazy:)
1. I`m positive they`ll have the RW. It`s in the promo, and the episode is called The Rains of Castamere. Yeah, I have a theory that there`s a hiatus between 8 and 9 so that George and D&D can flee the country until the fans calm down.
2. Like I said, I hope that Dany realizes that she needs the great houses to rule the kingdoms. It was one of Aerys` mistakes, right? He thought he could rule without their support.
3. Damn it feels good to play a Lannister. And BTW the “monster” part refers to an earlier discussion we were having on the blog about certain fans who call Tyrion a monster, even though he was just as forced as Sansa into this marriage.
4. Yeah, I don`t agree with the way Cersei treated Tommen, but I kind of understand it. Let`s not forget her state of mind, she just lost her firstborn son, father, she had already lost her daughter, and now the one person she always thought she could count on doesn`t understand her anymore. And the prophecy is getting closer to being fulfilled. Tommen is the only thing she`s got and it`s probably hard for her to see him in Margaery`s hands.
5. I was asked to do this, but you are welcome:)
6. I really love Stannis, he`s one of my favourites male characters from the series. And Stephen Dillane`s portrayal of him is absolutely brilliant, the only thing that bothers me is that he does not get enough screentime. I really love the dynamics between him and Melisandre and him and Davos, it`s a character that really grew on me. I didn`t really like him in the second book, but by book four he was definitely one of my faves. He`s one of those characters that seem a bit villainish, but at the end they have an amazing moral code. I would like to see him on the Iron Throne, I admit it.
I like the Baratheons, but not as much as I like the Lannisters, Starks, Martells and Targaryens, and mostly because of Robert. But they`re pretty awesome.
7. Lollys? No, I`m kidding. Probably Tyrion or Arya, because I`m the black sheep of the family. Although I kind of have a Cersei temper, I never forget and I never forgive, and sometimes I just want to murder some bastards if you know what I mean… Also, I kind of have a Lannister sass and a natural bitchface:)
8. Haha there`s no wrong way to send this, thank you so much! I`m glad you are enjoying my blog ouo
9. I`ve already said about Stannis on no 6, and now Renly. I loved the sassyness book Renly had, the scene in which Robert has to kick him out of the room because he was laughing too hard over Joffrey being beaten by a little girl was priceless, and it was kind of cool that book!Renly wasn`t the sissy pants he was in the show, though Gethin did a great job. I don`t know if Renly would have made a good king, but he would have been loved, and the smart people he had gathered around him, especially Margaery, would have kept the kingdoms in order. And don`t get me started on Renly and Loras (from the book), because tears will flow:(
Thank you guys, and sorry for the late answers:)
750. Because Cersei walked naked with her dignity intact.
Submitted by cradleapced
749. Because Cersei didn`t kill Jon Arryn.
Submitted by kittysandtitties
748. Because Cersei and Tyrion bonded over the fact that they were both pushed into an arranged loveless marriage by their father. And for once they didn`t fight or disagree about something.
Submitted by doyouhearthefangirlssing
747. Because of Cersei’s beautiful golden hair and piercing green eyes.
Submitted by dreams-n-wishes
746. Because love is a poison. A sweet poison, yes, but it will kill you all the same.
745. Because Cersei refusing to marry Jaime did not make her a “bitch who never loved him and only used him”. It meant that out of the two she was the one who actually thought this through. Marrying him would have meant losing their credibility, reputation, power, wealth, the war and most importantly, they would have probably lost not only their lives, but also the lives of their two remaining children. And Cersei did propose they remain secret lovers and rule together, but he refused.
Voting is over. Aaaaaaaand the winner iiiiis….
LORD TYWIN LANNISTER! May’s Character Week’s theme is Tywin Lannister.
744. Because only jugglers and singers require applause.
Submitted by shrine-of-the-many-faced-god